Estate Planning Lawyer in Stuart, Florida
The Estate, Trust, & Elder Law Firm, P.L. is an estate planning firm in Stuart, Florida who can help you with your estate planning needs—from writing your will to end of life planning, our firm can help you. It is never too soon to begin planning and writing your will. Regardless of your financial situation, estate planning is important. Why? Do you know who will care for your children should you and your spouse pass away suddenly? Do you know how your debts will be paid and your assets managed should you pass away or should you become disabled or seriously ill? Does your family know about your wishes regarding medical care should you become seriously ill or incapacitated? Estate planning can answer many of these questions. Contact our estate planning law firm, the Estate, Trust, & Elder Law Firm, P.L. in Stuart, Florida to begin your estate planning today.
Estate planning involves so much more than simply writing your will. For example, a Will might not be the best estate planning instrument for your needs. Some families might benefit from a Trust rather than a Will but Trusts are not a good fit for everyone. Additionally, good estate planning should include end of life planning as well. Let the estate planning lawyers in Stuart, Florida at the Estate, Trust, & Elder Law Firm, P.L. help you with planning your legacy to give you and your family the peace of mind you deserve.
Writing Your Will: What You Need to Know
While it might be tempting to use a template will from the internet, it is important to remember that a template cannot take into account every family’s unique situation and needs. Even if you write a draft of a will yourself, it is always a good idea to have your will reviewed by an estate planning lawyer. The Estate, Trust, & Elder Law Firm, P.L. are estate planning attorneys in Vero Beach, Florida who can review your will, help you understand what should be included in your will, and help you take steps to make your will sound during probate.
For example, the estate planning vehicle you choose can impact your family’s tax obligations. The Estate, Trust, & Elder Law Firm, P.L. are estate planning lawyers in Vero Beach, Florida who may be able to save you and your family money by finding the right estate planning package that meets your needs. Every family’s situation is unique. If you are thinking of writing your will or planning your estate, what should be included in your will? Here are some things to consider:
- List and describe all assets.
- List your beneficiaries and make clear who will get what. One thing you’ll also need to consider when distributing assets and property to children, spouses, and extended family is designating alternate beneficiaries who can receive property should the primary person you name also pass away.
- Care for your children. Most people will specify that their spouse should care for their children should they pass away, but what happens if both you and your spouse pass away at the same time? It is important to include an alternate caregiver for your children.
- Care for pets. Pets are generally treated as property after a person passes away. To ensure that pets are cared for, individuals will often include specific instructions for the care of pets and may also include money to ensure the pet is well cared for.
- Sign the will properly. It is not enough to just print out your will and sign it yourself. The signing must also include at least two witnesses. The Estate, Trust, & Elder Law Firm, P.L. are estate planning attorneys in Vero Beach, Florida who can ensure that your will is properly signed and notarized so that it can pass probate.
These are just some basic elements every will should include. If you are in the process of thinking about writing your will, contact the estate planning attorneys in Vero Beach, Florida at the Estate, Trust, & Elder Law Firm, P.L. today. We can review your situation, help you understand your options, and assist you with drafting a will that will be enforceable when you pass away.
End of Life Planning in Vero Beach
Estate planning is so much more than just writing your will. You’ll also want to consider how your financial affairs will be managed should you become incapacitated or disabled. Individuals are vulnerable to financial abuse in the late stages of certain illnesses, like dementia. It is important to protect yourself and your rights. End of life planning also includes planning for your medical care should you become disabled, seriously ill, or unable to make decisions for yourself. Living wills, durable powers of attorney, and advanced directives can grant loved ones and family the right to make important financial and medical decisions on your behalf should you become sick or disabled. The Estate, Trust, & Elder Law Firm, P.L. in Vero Beach, Florida are estate planning lawyers who can help you with your end of life planning and care.
Start Estate Planning in Vero Beach Today
The Estate, Trust, & Elder Law Firm, P.L. are estate planning lawyers who can help you with all your estate planning needs in Vero Beach. Whether you need help with a will, advanced directives or assistance in accessing Medicaid for in-home care, assisted living or nursing home care, our firm can assist you today. It is never too early to begin planning for end of life care. Contact our estate planning law firm today.